Hey everyone, I’m glad you stopped by. Before I get into the reason this blog was created, I’d like to tell you a little about myself. I’m just an average guy. When I use the term “average,” I mean it. Let me show you:
- I’m 5’9″: According to ehow.com, which we all agree is the leading source of statistical medical related information; the average height of the American male is 5’9.2″. Well, it looks like I’m a little below average here.
- I weigh 140lbs: Based on my extensive research (about.com), I found that the weight of the average male is 189.8lbs. Either I am grossly underweight or the average male is hitting Taco Bell a little too much. Again, I’m a little below average here…or maybe above average depending on your point of view.
- In terms of intelligence, I have no problem admitting that I am a middle of the road type of fella. In fact, if you look closely at a diagram of a Bell Curve, you’ll see me directly in the middle…maybe a little to the left. I can figure out how to handle stressful and complex situations with relative ease, but I need to budget at least 6 hours to put together a piece of baby furniture.
- Based on looking around, I think my socioeconomic situation is pretty average. I am a small business owner, I live in a safe neighborhood in northern San Antonio, I drive a Jeep Wrangler, take my son to school every day, etc. I don’t have a ton of money, but I’m doing ok.
- My family? Ok, here’s where I’m a little above average. I know, I know…everyone has the world’s smartest and the galaxy’s cutest kids. But seriously, I do. And don’t get me started on my wife. Not only is she way above average, she’s totally out of my league. Fortunately for me, she has not yet figured this out. I must be a wizard.
So back to the reason I decided to start this blog: Like many people, I go to the gym, lift some weights, do a little cardio and call it a day. Also like most people, likely you as well, I have a picture in my mind of how I would like to look. Of course I’d like to look like old school Arnie…
But let’s be real…unless I’m willing to eat a Chevy truck every day and run a few cycles of Anadrol, I don’t think that body is in the cards. I just don’t want it to be this…
So, back to the reason I decided to start a blog this stuff. The bottom line is this: I’m sick and tired of busting my ass in the gym but not really “seeing” the benefits. Maybe I eat right, BUT I often lack the intensity in the gym. Maybe I lift heavy BUT sabotage myself with a poor diet. Maybe, maybe, maybe…BUT, BUT, BUT. A wise man once said: “All of my friends have such big ‘BUTS’.” That man is Pee Wee Herman. He is right; I’m full of big “BUTS.”
And I’m tired of it.
That’s why this is here. Maybe it will motivate me. Maybe it will motivate you. Maybe, when it’s all said and done, we won’t have anymore “Big BUTS.”
Next: Training and Diet